Men and women go for beauty treatments for various reasons, most of them being aesthetic. A beauty salon offers a wide range of services, such as:
- Beard trims
- Body waxes
- Eyebrow waxing
- Eyebrow threading
- Eyelash extensions
- Eyelash tinting
- Makeup application
These treatments are common and can be done safely in a few hours. But as many people say, accidents can happen at any time. Even a simple beauty treatment service can go wrong, especially those treatments that involve specialised equipment. Beauty treatment solicitors can help you file a claim if the reasons are valid and the accident or injury happened because of the negligence or inexperience of the beauty salon staff.
Injuries resulting from errors from the beauty salon attendant can leave scars. For example, a client can suffer from chemical burns because the beauty treatment was administered incorrectly. In addition, the attendant may accidentally cut the client while using sharp instruments. But you should also rule out errors if you use a product you bought from the salon. In this case, the salon is not liable for the injury or damage because you were the one who applied the product.
Institut de beauté is one of the finest beauty salons that offers you outstanding beauty treatments at affordable prices.
What damages qualify for compensation?
Beauty treatments compensations can comprise different types of damages that fall under two general categories: general damages and special damages. General damages pertain to those injuries that caused physical or psychological harm, while the special damages consist of financial and other related losses.
General damages may include:
- Physical pain and suffering you received after the accident
- Permanent disability
- Psychological damage
- Long recovery or painful treatment
- Mental stress or trauma
On the other hand, special damages may consist of:
- Loss of wages or salary
- Loss of future earning potential
- Cost of paying for home help or in-home nursing
- Out-of-pocket private medical fees
- Travel expenses related to treatment and rehabilitation
You must tell the beauty salon attendant about your allergies and reaction to different beauty treatment products. If they are unaware, followed regulations, and found nothing extraordinary, your claim may not be honoured, or the compensation may be lower than expected.
- If you are injured, or the salon attendant caused damage to your skin or hair, the first thing to do is gather evidence and witnesses. The next step is to consult with a solicitor. After discussing the claim and how the solicitor can help, you will discuss the different ways to fund the case.
- The legal team will collect all the evidence available to support your claim, including advice from experts in the beauty industry. The evidence you have will be the basis of the compensation calculation.
- The team will present their findings to the beauty salon to find whether they were at fault and accept responsibility for the damage or injury. Finally, the legal team will negotiate a favourable compensation package.
You must work with a legal team specialising in beauty treatment injury claims. The process is complex and involves a series of discussions, negotiations, and counteroffers. The legal team will do all they can to settle the case out of court, as court proceedings are more expensive and could go on for several months or even years.